Done No longer flash

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 13, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

As far as I see the upload beam is programmed in flash? Will you replace it with a HTML5 pendant? Also Mac User love the LiquidFiles!

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    LiquidFiles (i.e. v2.x) uses HTML5 for all browsers that support the File.API extension, all modern browsers except IE until IE10. For unsupported browsers LiquidFiles uses HTML4 with some additional JavaScript that provide the upload progress bar. We haven't used Flash to upload files for maybe 4 years. The only thing that's using Flash is the "copy" button to copy content to the clipboard.

February 4, 2014, 05:54
    [​IMG]
    Runge, Frank
    OK. I thought that this green upload beam was flash? No? My fault. Sorry.

February 4, 2014, 20:13
    [​IMG]
    Kurt D
    Any idea why the message page wants to run flash and can we stop it from using flash?

January 31, 2016, 06:04
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    LiquidFiles uses flash to create a "copy to clipboard" button. You can disable flash completely if you want. You'll loose the copy to clipboard button but nothing else will happen.
    January 31, 2016, 06:26
    [​IMG]
    Kurt D
    I checked IE and firefox and I didn't see a copy to clipboard button on that page. Where is the option to disable flash? Thanks

January 31, 2016, 06:50
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    You can disable flash in the browser, often in the security tab. If you have flash enabled, LiquidFiles will display a copy to clipboard button in various places. If you have flash disabled, you won't see anything.

January 31, 2016, 09:15
    [​IMG]
    Kurt D
    "You won't see anything" is not entirely true. I guess it depends on your browser and settings. I'm using Firefox and the flash plugin is set to "Ask to activate" so there is a notification in Firefox asking to activate flash. I clicked allow to see what would happen and I still didn't see the copy to clipboard button. Anyway, I don't think this is the default Firefox setting so probably not a big deal. However, it would be nice to have the ability to disable flash in the admin console.

January 31, 2016, 15:08
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    Th same StyleSheers and JavaScripts (that in turn loads the Flash componen for the Copy function) are loaded for all pages. This makes sure that page loads as fast as possible and enables us to cache these assets for a long time. If you don't see a copy button there probably wasn't one on that page you visited. If you visit say the account page you'll see copy buttons to copy the API key and the Filedrop links to the clipboard.
    February 1, 2016, 06:32

#2 David, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. Jeremy Daalder

Jeremy Daalder New Member

As Flash is such an anacrhonistic load of rubbish at this point, and a well known security nightmare, I do not want any visitors seeing this pop up at any time.

Can you please provide the appropriate JS overrides to disable this completely? (If it matters I am using the uploader in an iframe embed on our site at https://imagescience.com.au/services/fine-art-printing/send-files)

4. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

It will be replaced from the stable LF v3.1, or feel free to upgrade to the beta 3.0.51 or higher.
    There is replaced the Flash with a JavaScript function to handle copy to clipboard.

5. Jeremy Daalder

Jeremy Daalder New Member

Ok that's good to know, I can wait for 3.1, and thankyou.