Problem when sending file to several recipients

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by Marie, May 5, 2017.

1. Marie

Marie New Member

Hello everyone,

I am posting this because I am having an issue when I try to send a file to several recipients. We have a list of recipients in an Excel file, with one mail per row. Therefore, when I want to send them a file, I select the column with every mail and I past it into the "cc" or "cci" field.

The problem is that when I want to send it, it is said that one address is invalid. I've always had this issue, but I could avoid it by deleting the "invalid mail". This time (I needed to send a file to 45 person), when I did that, it was said that the previous mail was invalid, and so on...

Therefore I wanted to know, is there any limitation in the "cc" and "cci" field ? When I past the emails, there are written one below another.

Thank you !

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

In LF there is not a limit for the amount of recipients listed in the "cc" or "bcc" fields.
    LF is resolving possible syntax error in the email address, also missing commas between two email addresses is resolved as error.
    If your LF account is in an External users group then LF will allow you to type only local recipients or recipients from allowed domains. Other addresses are resolved as error.

3. Marie

Marie New Member

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I don't think that there's an issue with some addresses, because when I split the list in half there is no problem (I separated the list from the first email address that was marked "invalid"). Could the problem be due to the fact that addresses are pasted from a column selection in MS Excel ?

4. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,
    Important is the email addresses are delimited with commas, there should Not be just spaces or another delimiters like semicolon between addresses. When you paste a column from Excel sheet, commas should be added automatically by LF between email addresses after the Send button is pressed and messages should be normally sent out. Can you please upload a screenshot with the error you see.

5. Greg Newton

Greg Newton New Member

Hi,
    I have a related problem to this one: sending to more than 1 recipient. Except my problem seems to be security related.

The first recipient is also the sender and can open the message OK.
    Subsequent recipients get the notification email, can see the message in their LF inbox, but when they try to open the message they get an error "Not Authorized".
    The message has an attachment and is sent with:-
    "private_message":false (I've also tried "true", makes no difference)
    "authorization":3

Please help, what am I doing wrong?

6. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

7. Greg Newton

Greg Newton New Member

Doh! I did indeed have the wrong syntax for multiple recipients.
    It is all OK now, thank you.