Uploadscript - FileDrop for website

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by Roman S., Oct 31, 2018.

1. Roman S.

Roman S. New Member

How can I implement an upload script (for a FileDrop) into my website, so that anyone can via drag and drop upload files - without iframe or without changing the window?

I would like to insert in my website only the field "Drop Files Here" and buttons "+ Add Files" and "Send" - implemented in HTML code of the website.

Has anyone implemented it? Who can help me with a few lines of code?

Thank you in advance!

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Roman S.

Roman S. New Member

Hi David,

I know the function, but unfortunately I'm not a programmer and I can not program it.

Can you please help me with a concrete sample code that is inserted into the webpage?

Optional - can I only have in an iframe fields "upload", "add files" and "send" with small text fields (subject, message)? How?

I tried iframe, but always got a big page with a FileDrod, although I only wanted to use a small section for uploading.

P.S. I saw this upload funktion in other MFT solutions.

Many Thanks!

#3 Roman S., Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  4. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

There exists many programing languages and maintain actualized examples for each language would be very complicated, that's why we have the API examples and principles with Curl in scripts for developers. There is possible to see how to construct the particular API request and then translate it to your programming language. I would recommend to pass that request to a developer who was programming your page to implement that API,
    or
    alternatively you can go back to the iFrame and customize the FileDrop where can be quite easily hidden fields you don't need to be visible for clients. Then on your portal in the iFrame would be displayed only f.e. the Subject and the upload button and the Drop filed.
    In the System FileDrop settings (Admin > Configuration > FileDrop > Edit) you can use the "Custom Javascript" box where you can paste a javascript which will hide the required elements. I.e. this javascript will remove the navbar and hide the message box:

Code:
    $(function() {
      $('.navbar').remove();  
      $('#message_message').parent().parent().addClass('hide');
    });
    for more details and what's more possible to rebrand in the System FileDrops please check this man page:
    https://man.liquidfiles.com/filedrops/custom_fields.html (mainly scroll to the Example down on the pages)