Administrate Shares

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Datax, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Datax

Datax New Member

The idea is to have a Shares Admin Role and a separate LF Shares Group to administrate Shares without being Sysadmin.

When working with projects, this would be very useful to assign to project leaders the role of Shares Leader, or assign them to a LF Shares Group.
    So they can by themselves create their own Shares and manage access, notifications and edit without always asking to a LF sysadmin.

example:
    - Shares Admin Role and LF Shares Group would allow people to create Shares, to manage them, and to see only Shares they created (for security purpose).
    Only a sysadmin can view all Shares and administrate them.

- for each projects, assign the Shares Role to one or several people who would be allowed to manage access, notifications and to edit and see only the Shares on which they are affected.

Regards

refadm and Roman S. like this.
  2. Shane Vogel

Shane Vogel New Member

I would like to second this request. It would be very useful in our environment.

Roman S. likes this.
  3. Roman S.

Roman S. New Member

In my opinion it will be very helpfull to create shares without administrator privilages.

Creating of shares is so helpfull like Filedrops for receiving of files - for every user.
    As an option to user attributes with on/off - switch.

Please implememt this function!

4. refadm

refadm New Member

Hi,

Yeah really needed, i think the "Shares" feature is useless without users not able to administrer them and add, remove users which should acces their shares. Thanks to push this feature request to devs.

Thks

#4 refadm, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  5. Peter Sharp

Peter Sharp New Member

I also agree this would be a good feature. Additionally and I think I'll put this in it's own request, it would be really nice to be able to request a file with a file share as a destination, or request a file on behalf of a share.

6. Datax

Datax New Member

7. Mike Miller

Mike Miller New Member

+1 to this request.

I envisioned this as having an additional option available when managing the users who have access to a Share. In addition to "Read Only" and "Read Write", a "Grant/Read/Write" option would be available. Users with this privilege would be able to grant (or invite) other users to have read only or read/write access to the Share.

8. IT-Services GRBR

IT-Services GRBR New Member

9. Datax

Datax New Member

+1 to my request

10. Datax

Datax New Member

+1 to my request