Manual Backup/Export Server Settings

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by KRP, Apr 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. KRP

KRP New Member

I know you can schedule the server backup to SMB, FTP or SFTP but I thought it would be a nice addition to just simply have a save/export settings from the browser.

We typically don't have a lot of config changes and we are using AD for our users so a periodic export of settings would be enough. Our current option is to find another server setup the share and the config a backup to that server.

Just thought I may not be the only client that this would be enough.

Roman S. likes this.
  2. Derrick Rose

Derrick Rose New Member

+1 having a button to manually run the backup would be nice

3. Geoff Watson

Geoff Watson New Member

+1 having a button to manually run the backup would be nice

4. Alan O'Reilly

Alan O'Reilly New Member

+1 Makes sense ...

5. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

there is not a button in the web interface, but it is possible to trigger the backup manually from the root shell just by typing "ft backup".

6. John Zimmerman

John Zimmerman New Member

A manual "backup and download" button would be handy as well as the button in the UI.

7. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

The manual backup and restore is in the console it can be started by typing "ft backup" and "ft restore".

8. John Zimmerman

John Zimmerman New Member

I do have access to the console and run those commands. The manual backup options from the WebUI are what I would find additionally handy.

• "Run Backup Now" ideally would run the backup job using the pre-configured destination much like "ft backup" does.
    • "Export Config" ideally would run a backup job of just the config and then make it available for download via the WebUI
    • "Export Config and Data" would do the same, but include data. This is probably more trouble than its worth since it could take up too much space with some configurations. We don't backup the data on ours as it is for temporary transfer only.

9. Jeremy Daalder

Jeremy Daalder New Member

Another +1 - being able to back up the config seems a pretty essential thing, and I don't have a publicly accessible smb/ftp/sftp server, so what is one supposed to do to be able to backup the config??