Multiple files to FileDrop one at a time, recipient email shows only last

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by Paul Hirose, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Paul Hirose

Paul Hirose New Member

Since v3.6.5, my FileDrop behaves differently.

TLDR: Drag-and-drop multiple files one at a time (instead of all at once) onto a FD and the email the Recipient receives only lists the last file (not all of the files.)

Details:
    If I select one file, and drag-and-drop it onto the "Drop Files Here" and then do that again w/another file and again w/another file, the email the Recipient of the FD receives only lists the last file that was drag-and-dropped. However, if I drag-and-drop all three files at once onto the "Drop Files Here", then the email the Recipient receives does list all three files. Note, in both cases, the FD webpage shows all three files at the bottom in the "Attached Files" sections. All files are under the size limit and of the permitted type.

If this change is by design, I was wondering if there's a way to change this in a configuration setting back to the way it used to be. IMO, it's more of a bug than an intentional change. If the FD shows all files as attached, the email notification to the Recipient of the FD should allow all files to be downloaded and not just the last one.

I do have a ticket open w/the LiquidFiles Support team, but I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this behavior too.

PH
    PS
    I do see this in the v3.6.5 Release Notes : "Only permit one upload using the drop function in FileLinks." but I'm not sure if this is related or not.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

This problem happens on v3.6.5 and v3.6.6 when external clients send files via FileDrops or FileRequests. We are working on a fix. At the moment only workaround which seems to work is either to select/pickup all the required files which should be uploaded and add them on the upload list at once, or put them all in the Drop area at once. When users add the files on the list one by one or similar way, then only file is sent.

3. Paul Hirose

Paul Hirose New Member

Noticed the release notes for 3.6.7 included:
    "Fixed an issue where sometimes in Filedrops and File Requests, only only one file would be sent."

I'm guessing this fixes the issue in this thread? For those of us who did update to 365/366, we should initiate an update to 367, rather than waiting on it to auto-update itself?
    PH

4. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

yes, correct, the fix has been added in to that 3.6.7 version. Please update manually in "Admin > System > Update" settings.
    Automatic updates are always installed about a week later.