Resend a message and/or to other recipients

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by Steve Young, Oct 11, 2024 at 4:41 AM.

1. Steve Young

Steve Young New Member

Say I send a message and attachments to a@abc.com. Before it expires can I resend it to a@aa.com?

Secondly, before it expires, can I send/forward it to b@bb.com?

Assuming the 2nd user meets the Auth requirements of the 1st one.

Thank you.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

It depends on the Access permissions. If the sender had posted the Secure message with permissions that only the a@abc.com recipient can access. Then if the URL to the message was forwarded via email to a@aa.com this user would not be authorized to open it.

If the message was sent with weaker access permissions like anyone after authentication can access then yes, also a@aa.com will be able to download it and so on.

If the message has not expired yet and was sent with permissions restricted to the a@abc.com then the sender would have to compose a new message again then pick up the attachments from "Add Files > Select existing files" and send it to a@aa.com user.

3. Steve Young

Steve Young New Member

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I can't find a spot on the website to resend or forward the initial email. Am I missing it?

I know if we check to copy ourselves then we have an email available to forward, but sometimes people forget.

4. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

The secure messages or only the notification emails can't be resend later from LF server.
    When a sender forgot to enable the copy for himself checkbox then only way is to send an email with the URL to those message manually from his email client.
    The URL of the message can be obtained in the browser when the sender will open the Sent box and click on the Message view.
    The URL is then in this format: https://lf.domain.com/message/<messageID>

But prior the sender will resend the URL it's good to check if the recipients are authorized to open that Secure message on the LF server.