Allow other users or groups to manage Pools

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 12, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

The ability to create pools of files is a nice feature. However, it would be great if I could give certain users or groups the ability to add files to the pool. Currently only the admin can add files to pools.

For example, I might give the sales manager access to add or remove files in the Sales Pool. Same with Engineering Manager etc. I also have an outside partner that has their own set of files. I'd like to create a whole group for them and give the whole group access to add or remove files to their pool.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Pierre Rifaux October 09, 2014 16:01
    I didn't see your feature request before so I also created a new one today

[​IMG]
    Quinn Kramer November 21, 2014 20:43
    I would also see this as a useful function. However I cannot currently utilize this feature as it currently stands. In order for it to be useful, the admins, pool admin or sysadmins on the application would have to be involved to upload or delete Pool data ( No matter which pool in question). If a sales group could be created within in the application and given upload / delete rights to their own pool, I would have greater buy in to the use of this function. To setup a user or group of users that can manage all pool data and repositories means having to increase their workload to work for different departments or giving them access to the other departments data.