gateway for secure mail with or without attachments

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Ive been seeing an upswing in secure email from groups with high security requirements. Ill get an email that says you have a secure email from FOO; click here to read it ... it will then take me to a portal site where I log in and read the actual email. I havent been asked to provide this function to our users yet, but its only a matter of time. Your SFTA has probably 90% of the bits already in place to do this same function, since it already mimics a web-mail system from the users standpoint. An option to produce a secure email could load up all the email text into your portal exactly as it does today, but the actual text of the message sent out would be a (customizable) form letter that tells people to log in to read the message. This may be a bit tougher to support in the Outlook integration, but could add serious value even if it was only available through the web.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Alan Whitney January 10, 2013 15:55
    I was JUST asked about being able to provide this functionality. The actual conversation went " Gee I like that new system you put in place, the only bad part is that you HAVE to send an attachment. " HA !!!!!! I said " What are you talking about. That's what the system is for...Its called the Secure File Transfer System...." FILE TRANSFER !!...

Come to find out , this person was using our old home grown system (that didn't check if you had a file to upload) as a way to send Secure email messages. Argh.. (-:

[​IMG]
    Jw October 29, 2015 14:56
    Our HR group is asking me to find the same thing.

[​IMG]
    Martin Mast November 18, 2015 13:06
    That's a good idea!

We have 5000 Users with Groupwise-Mailclient and therefore no Liquidfile-AddIn. So he always had to use the Web-Interface for secure Sending files.

A gateway could send outgoing mails with Attachement to internal Users (domainlist) directly an to external Users via LiquidFiles.

Martin