Remove/Edit Default fields on FileDrop

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by KRP, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. KRP

KRP New Member

I was reading through the "https://man.liquidfiles.com/general/filedrop_custom_fields.html" page but can't confirm if there is a way to remove or customize the default fields, eg subject, message.

I am making a filedrop for clients to upload scanned payment forms and would like to remove OR pre-populate as (readonly) the subject and the also remove the Message area. I don't want people to use the message area to input credit card or other personal info.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

It's really flexible, by using custom Javascript box inside the FileDrop settings you can customize or hide the fields or design of the Filedrop.
    Here is an example of a custom Javascript in a FileDrop which will fill in automatically some text and email address to the Subject, but for users The Subject will be hidden. Also will hide the whole message box.

Code:
    $(function() {
        $('#message_subject').parent().parent().addClass('hide');
        $('#message_email').blur(function() {
            $('#message_subject').val('Scanned payment from: ' + $('#message_email').val());
        });
       $('#message_message').parent().parent().addClass('hide');
    });

KRP likes this.
  3. KRP

KRP New Member

Thanks, that did what I wanted. I am not familiar with javascript so didn't know where to start.

4. KRP

KRP New Member

Is there a way to flag your response as answered, I only see the Like option.

5. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

I think not, don't see this option here as well.