accept inbound messages via SMTP

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Currently, messages get into the appliance via web or Outlook integration. Id love to see a way for authorized users to send email to the appliance, and have it strip out attachments and resend the message to the final recipient. I realize this idea is simple to express, but could be harder to implement. It could be of special value in conjunction with the secure email gateway idea I submitted separately.rn

#1 David, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Matteo Briotto November 04, 2011 11:06
    It could be:

recipient@somedomain.com@filetransferappliance

The FTA strips @filetransferappliance part and forward message to original recipients processing attachments as usual.

[​IMG]
    itsoftware October 13, 2016 08:09
    As simplified version of this above is to be able to email to a filedrop address that stores the attachment in that specific filedrop.

Its really just adding an email address to the file drop page and setting up a POP3 service to collect email every few minutes from the mail server.

It becomes a great way to collect files/info/forms from customers. I want to collect report outputs (emailed inbound to LF from SSRS) and ensure they self-destruct in 14 days.

Please consider.

Thanks!