Add a Name field to Filedrop page

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

I would like to suggest adding a Name field to be displayed on the Filedrop submission page. This Name field could be an option that could be turned on or off in the Filedrop configuration page. Also maybe another option could be whether the Name field is required. Of course a person could enter anything they want into the field since there would be no way to validate the value. My issue:When LiquidFiles delivers the email notification to our Exchange server, Outlook will recognize in the message header that the Fromaddress is: external-email@address.com

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard May 21, 2014 21:00
    The sender email address is the way that it is to guarantee delivery of the message. If the sender makes a typo in their email address, this way your mail server will still accept the message, where's if we use their entered email address as From address your mail server will reject the message if for instance the domain is wrong (homtail.com instead of hotmail.com). This is not likely to change.

[​IMG]
    Grodriguez May 21, 2014 22:08
    That makes sense and I would not want to change that.

Maybe my idea could just provide another variable that could be used to customize the email that is generated when a user deposits a file in the Filedrop.