Done Allow forward of message to new email address

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Allow a forward of a message which adds the forwarded email address access to the already saved and available files (still limited to the original time limits).

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Giuseppe Trigiante
    I would this to be added to the new version.

In my opinion thi s is an important feature.

April 26, 2011, 17:26
    [​IMG]
    M. Boomsma
    I would like it if the forwarded message would have it's own expire date.

January 17, 2012, 07:20
    [​IMG]
    Walsh, Bill
    I would like to see this feature implemented. I have had several users ask about this since we switched to the Allardsoft solution.

It would be nice to be able to choose whether to extend expiration or not.

February 21, 2012, 03:49
    [​IMG]
    Michael Adam
    We have two different sites. The remote site has a small user base and our main server is hosted with a larger user base. One of my main issues now is users from the remote site complain that then need to download then reupload the file so the user local to filer can get the file. I agree that it would be great to be able to forward received messages through filer.

May 30, 2012, 05:04
    [​IMG]
    Niels Elfrink
    i would like to opt for this addition as well.

June 6, 2012, 07:09
    [​IMG]
    Keith Adkins
    This would be huge for us... currently, if someone wants to receive one of our files we are forced to send a new message, which sucks with 20GB files. Simply being able to 'Duplicate' message so we do not have to re-upload large files would be awesome (and would seem easier to implement).

June 29, 2012, 06:51
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    The way to do this is to set the permission to something other than "Only Specified Recipients", that way you can forward the email to whoever you specied as the permission setting allows you to. If you set it to "Anyone after authentication", then you can forward the email to anyone and they will be able to download the files within the original validity period.

October 22, 2012, 18:39
    [​IMG]
    Michael Adam
    What if the option was set to only send to one person, can this be changed? Also, if the file is sensitive, it would be nice to have the ability to go into the messages panel and add additional e-mail addresses (which would e-mail the additional recipients).

October 23, 2012, 04:25
    [​IMG]
    Henrik Palmquist
    Hi

I have this same issue and I think this would be a solution for it:

Allow the original sender to go into the message list and add recipients to already uploaded files (or clone a message into a new one by duplicating the files on the appliance itself rather than re-uploading them)

We only allow specified recipients to download files for security reasons. But in some cases there is a need to send same files to someone else and in order to avoid re-uploading the (very large) files it should be possible for the original sender to add recipients to a message.

November 1, 2012, 23:31
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    The reason why we don't allow adding files to messages is that we want the system to be dependable in doing what we've set it to do, and also mimic the behaviour of how email works. And same as with email - you can't add a recipient to a message that's already been sent, you can't add recipients to a message that's already been delivered. And again like with email, a recipient can forward the message to someone else and if the permission allows it, the recipient with the forwarded message can also download the files.

In future versions of LiquidFiles, it will be possible to send new messages using already sent files but at the moment there's a one-to-one relationship between files and messages, i.e. a file belongs to a message, it can't belong to multiple messages.

November 2, 2012, 08:38
    [​IMG]
    Keith Adkins