Not Planned Allow users to download files in a Pool

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

I created a pool and gave a group access to that pool. When the users are logged in, they can select files from the pool. I need users to be able to download those files in addition to the ability to send files from the pool. It seems like it would be easy enough to have a download button next to the add button while selecting a pool file. Either that or put the download button next to the remove button after selecting a file.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Kurt D August 11, 2016 16:51
    Any chance this could be implemented so our users won't have to constantly log in and send messages to themselves?

[​IMG]
    Kurt D September 07, 2016 15:11
    I noticed you have a new feature in v3 called shares. I don't understand why shares and pools are not one in the same. It looks like I would have to duplicate my pool set up using shares in order for users to be able to log in and download the files in the pool. That would mean double the maintenance, double storage usage, double the user confusion, etc. There's got to be a better way to implement this.

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard September 07, 2016 22:03
    Pools was not designed as a file sharing feature. It's a feature that is meant for a group of users that is sending the same files over and over again, like a sales team that is always attaching the same corporate overview PowerPoint presentation when sending proposals using LiquidFiles. The shares feature in v3 is meant for sharing files between users. In v3.0, it won't be possible to attach files from shares when sending Secure Messages but this is obviously something that we will be looking at for future releases. At that point we may well ditch the Pool feature as it is causing a bit of confusion to what it's meant to do.

[​IMG]
    Kurt D September 08, 2016 17:48
    For us the pools are vital as we do send the same software out often. They work from our windows 10 mobile devices as well which is what we need. When our users are offsite, they often need access to the same data stored in the pools so they end up sending messages to themselves.

The shares would come in real handy for offsite access except we'd have to upload all the data to both places. If you could enable message sending on the shares and have an "add form share" button instead, I think that would work great.

Even better, I would envision having one type of data folder with several access options. For example, create a folder then tick some boxes to set permissions, enable sending in messages, enable ftp access, etc. Right now all file repositories are separate and do separate things but we'd like to enable these options on one set of files and right now that means duplicate data.

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard September 08, 2016 21:28
    We will always look at improving things in future releases.