Allow users to upload files in Pools

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Pools are such a good new feature, but on ly sysdamin can animate pools and upload files. Is it possible to allow users (groups) to upload files in pools ?

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Mark Patterson October 27, 2014 18:21
    It seems crazy that such a good feature cant be used other than by the admin

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard October 28, 2014 02:16
    Version 2.6 will add a new admin type: Pool Admin that can administer pools. You can get this feature now by installing v2.5.55 (or later).

Mark - a user in any group you've given access to in the pool can use the Pool, i.e. add pool files when sending files. In v2.5.x, only Admins can administer the pool. If you want others than admins to be able to administer the pools, that's what the newly added Pool admin is for (if you don't want to give them other admin rights).

[​IMG]
    Kurt D October 28, 2014 02:26
    If a user is in the Pool Admin group, does it let them manage all the pools? If so, that's not going to help me too much. I need the sales manager or maybe the sales group to be able to manage the only the files in the sales pool.

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard October 28, 2014 02:55
    Yes, Pool admins can administer all pools. It's unlikely that there will be any more granular settings than this.

[​IMG]
    Hockema, Jeff December 16, 2015 22:33
    It would be useful in our organization to allow users to upload new files to the pool they are associated with. A pool administrator will not work well for us because the users who are performing these uploads should not be able to access the data in other pools.