Done Antivirus - I would like to have possibility to choise in which direct to check files for viruses

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello! I would like to have possibility to choise in which direct to check files for viruses. For example, I dont need to check outgoing files. Thanks.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    Ok, why? I can't see any benefit of this. Best case is that we catch a virus that has otherwise slipped. Worst case is that we waste a few CPU cycles? Or am I missing something?

January 20, 2012, 09:27
    [​IMG]
    Alexander
    We have an antivirus software on all our corporate computers with very strong policies - why we must to check again the outgoing files on the FileTransfer? I see that clamd process permanently is on the top of CPU processes. In addition, I would like to have possibility to exlude from antivirus checks a certain file formats or extensions.

Thanks.

January 20, 2012, 17:21
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    Fair enough. I'll see what we can do. Come time think of it, one thing that we could do would be to use a cache of already scanned files based on SHA1 hashes. And if a file has already been scanned it wouldn't have to be scanned again. Simple, effective, safe and no configuration necessary :)

January 20, 2012, 18:26
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    This was added to 1.7.4.

February 21, 2012, 12:33