Done Attachment storage for investigations

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

It would be nice to set attachment storage for a longer period than the downloadable period for investigative purposes. i.e. 40 days after email is sent we get notice of a breach and can see what the user send without just having a file name.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Jason Rothstein October 31, 2012 23:37
    Need something similar for compliance reasons. Finance industry has a seven year retention on files, particularly at the point of transaction/send. Need a way to archive attachments and transaction logs for a set "compliance period" of time

[​IMG]
    Markus Wintruff May 08, 2014 08:18
    We even need this feature to be compliant. As i saw there are other request similar to this so i think more customers would like to see this implemented.

@John: go on! this is a great product and our customers like it a lot.

3. robertd

robertd New Member

Really surprised that there's no data retention for files. When the sent message expires, the files are deleted according to the documentation. I found this option "Delete records of expired messages after" and it's set to 365 days but that only includes the messages, files are still deleted. I'd like the same option for files.

Other requests:
    https://forum.liquidfiles.com/threads/file-retention-and-litigation-defense-purposes.271/
    https://forum.liquidfiles.com/threads/attachment-archiving.426/#post-428

4. Johan

Johan Administrator
    Staff Member

This feature has been added to LiquidFiles v3.3 where you can set files to be deleted after a certain period of time after the message has expired.