Automatic file cleanup in "Shares"

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Ognyan LIpnichanski, Aug 11, 2022.

?

Do you find this idea useful:

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ognyan LIpnichanski

Ognyan LIpnichanski New Member

Dear Developers,

I just want to ask if it's possible to extend the functionality of "Shares" by adding a new option for how many days to keep files there before deleting them. I believe we can do that with a shell script on the server, but it will be more convenient to do this as simple as a single option in the web interface of the Edit Share page.

I have attached a demo of the UI as i imagined it.

Attached Files:

2. Ognyan LIpnichanski

Ognyan LIpnichanski New Member

So, i have learned from David Gnojek, that they are planning the following feature in the next major release:

According to the Shares. Exactly the request you described is not planned on active files because Shares are permanent storage. But this function is planned on files in the trash.
    In a next major version we will add a function which will delete the files from the trash automatically after some time.
    This should solve the space problems where users sometimes move the files in the trash where still occupied the disk space until somebody remove them manually.

My proposal is to have both. There can be two options in the Edit Share dialog where you can specify:
    1. How many days to keep the files after they have been uploaded and then moved to Trash.
    2. How many days to keep the files in the Trash before deleted permanently.