Done Automatic updates

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

I would like it if I could schedule automatic updates. I keep forgetting to update, and when I remember the time isnt optimal. Options that would be very useful: Update only between xx and xx times (let users specify a window and days of the week). Smart update: Only update when no one is download or uploading

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Connie DeCinko
    I'd rather just have notification of new updates, maybe download but don't apply until I say so. I'd hate for an auto update to break some API interaction.

March 22, 2012, 04:05
    [​IMG]
    Michael Adam
    What would be great is an option for auto-update with an additional option for notification.

These would be great options:

Notification if there is an update available

Automatically update (if this is enabled) -> notify after failed upgrade (or) notify after upgrade (or) never notify

March 22, 2012, 04:10
    [​IMG]
    Geert
    Adding to this; I'd like an option to enable/disable automatic kernel updates (through yum update). Kernel updates can be tricky, as they can lead to audit issues and unexpected behavior without running it through internal testing cycles. I will also create a separate request for this.

October 24, 2012, 21:34
    [​IMG]
    Sam Cayze
    Automatic Updates should never be enabled on production servers. No good Systems Administrator would do such a thing. Get notification, review release notes, test, then deploy.

There is a subscribe button the updates page to make sure you get notified.

http://support.liquidfiles.net/entries/22083628-release-notes-versi...

October 27, 2012, 03:28
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    Ok, this has been changed in the latest release (v2.0.10). From this release the system update will only run when the system is updated.

October 30, 2012, 17:56
    [​IMG]
    Martin Kren
    I know you should not set production servers to Auto Update, but I like to have the choice to do so, and at least get a notification. And you can only subscribe to a release branch, but you don't get and information when there is a new release branch, like the new 2.3.0.

May 15, 2013, 19:04
    [​IMG]
    Volker Schmidt
    Beta Testers
    Hi Sam, thanks a lot for the idea to subscribe to the release notes! That's what I want.

May 23, 2013, 22:08
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    This was added in v2.5.

October 29, 2014, 15:26