Backup Schedule

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by Robert S. Clayton II, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Robert S. Clayton II

I am looking for documentation on the backup in Liquidfiles but am finding very little information. What time does the backup run? Can I change the backup time? I have several mechanisms for backing up my servers offsite and to our DR center, I need to make sure the LiquidFiles backup runs to completion BEFORE the other backup systems run, but I cannot find any information on setting the backup beyond Location, and Increment (Daily, Monthly, etc.)

More documentation of the backup system would be helpful, but more control over the backups through the configuration interface is preferred. Not all backup systems are the same and multiple backup locations is the rule, not the exception in today's IT world.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

All currently possible settings of the Backup feature in LF appliance are visible when you open "Admin > System > Backup" page.
    I would add that the backup time can't be changed from the GUI. It is called by the Nightly maintenance. The Nightly maintenance is started by the Cron in the Centos. It starts usually between 3 - 4 a.m. Exactly it start's at: 3:05 + RAND delay which is <0-45> min. (default settings in the Centos)
    - Daily bk - starts every day between 3 - 4 a.m.
    - Weekly bk - on Sundays between 3 - 4 a.m.
    - Monthly bk - on the first of every month between 3 - 4 a.m.

During each backup a new tgz package is created and uploaded to your ftp/sfp or smb storage.
    In the file you can backup configuration of LF serer, or configuration and data if the full backup option was selected.
    hope that helps.