Not Planned Changing expire date áfter having sent the files

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

I would like to be able to change the expire date of files that I have sent previously, before the message expires. Now, when I see that the message expires the next day and it hasnt been downloaded yet, I cant extend the date and I have to do the whole process of sending the files again. It would be nice if I could change the date at the last moment. I dont want to extend the available download time at the beginning (before sending the message), because that wouldnt encourage the recipient to download the files asap.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard January 15, 2012 11:22
    I think it's bad practice in general to say one thing and do another. It just leads to confusion to what's really going on. That's why file expiration dates are not changeable. If a message is sent with a certain expiration date, this will be kept so that the system is consistent in it's behaviour. At some point in the future there will be a feature to send a file again, in a new message. But this will be a new message. Changing expirations is not likely to be supported.

[​IMG]
    M. Boomsma January 15, 2012 11:35
    You're right of course in saying that it's not consistent. And if it will become possible to resend the message, then that is an ever better solution!

As long as I don't have to do the whole process again :)