Done Download All option

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

I think it would be good to have a download all button to save all attachments in the same folder instead of clicking each one.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    There's a technical browser limitation that prevents more than one file to be downloaded at the same time. We could possibly zip all files before sending them to effectively achieve the same thing?

May 17, 2011, 05:35
    [​IMG]
    Stephen
    i like the idea of ziping all the files.

May 18, 2011, 04:36
    [​IMG]
    Michael Adam
    I like that idea too. For quicker speed on larger files, I would suggest the option to have files automatically zipped when they are first received - unless they can be compressed and sent on the fly. As the file is being zipped, the completed part can be downloaded - I'm not sure how zip files are made, but I think it is written from beginning to end (upon completion the no information is added to the beginning).

July 22, 2011, 12:53
    [​IMG]
    Stephen
    I just saw something that might work. a coworker sent me an email to download some files from a different vendor relayit net (Disney) and they have an option of clicking download all. it runs some javascript to start a bunch of download windows, and all you have to do is click save on each one.

July 23, 2011, 02:36
    [​IMG]
    M. Boomsma
    Whether the files get zipped or a javascript is used, a "download all" solution would be a big improvement!! ,

January 17, 2012, 07:14
    [​IMG]
    Martin Mann
    I'd love to see this option - it's the one bugbear for my users and the only downside they ever express about Filetransfer.

May 23, 2012, 17:27
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    First screenshot from the next major version.

[​IMG]

May 23, 2012, 17:35
    [​IMG]
    Jorge Ferreira
    Ya zipping it is a great option. It is also how Google does it in Gmail.
    June 28, 2012, 09:45