Email Templates

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by Kevin Knott, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Kevin Knott

Kevin Knott New Member

Just started a trial of LF.
    Trying to customize the email templates (Layout template), but no matter what you put in the HTML including the default, nothing is coming throught to the Outlook email.

Have we missed something?

Many thanks.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Please note, that the LF Outlook Client is using API, you will need to customize the "api_response " and "api_private_message_response" templates.

3. Kevin Knott

Kevin Knott New Member

even when i edit those you mentioned, i get nothing in Outlook.

4. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

By chance don't you mean, you are not receiving any emails from the LF server?
    In this case please make sure you have configured your LF server properly for sending emails from your environment, either you have a setup for Direct send or via some of your SMTP relay server.
    For more details please check this man page: https://man.liquidfiles.com/system/delivering_emails.html
    Also this one about how to troubleshoot the email delivery problems: https://man.liquidfiles.com/troubleshoot/email.html

5. Kevin Knott

Kevin Knott New Member

from my understanding, when i got to write a new email (in outlook) then click on and add a secure attachment, the email should contain any HTML added to the template. But there is nothing. not even the default template's html.
    Its like the API is not downloading the templates at all.
    LF1.Jpg is what Outlook opens up
    LF2.jpg is previewing the API_response Template.

Attached Files:

• LF1.JPG
      LF1.JPG
      File size:
      89.3 KB
      Views:
    • LF2.JPG
      LF2.JPG
      File size:
      65 KB
      Views:
  6. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Aha ok, that's correct. When you compose some email in Outlook the API template is attached behind (or front of your text) but at the time when you hit the Send button and the email is being sent out from Outlook to your mailserver. The sender does not see the template during the time when composing the message or uploading files to the LF server.