Done Export CSV of Messages - 'ALL' Hangs up system. Need Custom Criteria

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Sam-72891, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Sam-72891

Sam-72891 New Member

Every month I pull down our raw data into a fancy Excel spreadsheet does some Pivot analysis that give our Ops team the metrics they need.

In order to get 1 months data, I am forced to select download ALL. Download 'visible' would only give 2-3 days worth of data.
    [​IMG]
    But when I do select Export All, the LiquidFiles server becomes unresponsive for some time. Users cannot access the site. Memory usages spikes (and doesn't settle back down). The last time I did this, I had to reboot the server afterwards. It's not a ton of data... the CSV is only about 6MB. But my data does go back to 2015.

FEATURE REQUEST:
    Allow us to specify custom criteria. Or maybe just an additional option for 'Previous Month', '6 Months', 'Year', etc.

Here is the example of the memory spike that stuck around since the last time I exported. I've since rebooted the server, which brought the memory usage way down.
    [​IMG]
    Here are some perf reports, that include swap, and show what happened after I rebooted the server: https://i.imgur.com/lqL0N4e.png

2. Johan

Johan Administrator
    Staff Member

If you update to the latest beta - v3.1.71, it adds export options so you can export from the last 7, 30, 60, 90, 180 or 365 days.

Sam-72891 likes this.
  3. Sam-72891

Sam-72891 New Member

PS: This is working GREAT. Noticed you didn't mark it "DONE". :)

4. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

thanks done