LDAP Address Book

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

?

People like this:

1. yes, I like it

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Would love to be able to access an ldap address book to fill in the To field.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Michael Adam
    It would also be nice to see auto-provisioning of users when using LDAP. If a user didn't have an account and tried logging in, the account would automatically be created based on system defaults. Then the sys admin wouldn't have to do anything =)

This could be filtered by OUs (if the admin didn't want everyone to have access). If users come close to exceeding licenses the admin should be notified so they could either purchase more licenses or delete redundant accounts (or even have an automated account cleanup if users haven't used their account in a specified period of time).

July 22, 2011, 12:46 edit mark as spam
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    Michael, the auto-provisioning already works the way that you want it to :)

July 22, 2011, 13:41 edit
    [​IMG]
    Martin Mast
    It would be nice if it's possible to select a LDAP group for the To-Field (replacing the Group withe the e-mailaddresses of the members)

October 18, 2011, 06:59 edit mark as spam
    [​IMG]
    Michael Sotirake
    I would also like to be able to select a LDAP group for the To field. But I would lock this feature so that it would only be usable by those accounts that are already LDAP integrated. IMO allowing non-LDAP users to read a LDAP address book would be a spammer's dream come true and a huge security risk.

April 25, 2013, 00:38 edit mark as spam
    [​IMG]
    Jason Jones
    Being able to select to: from ldap for internal users would be great!
    April 25, 2013, 12:28 edit mark as spam
    [​IMG]
    Michael Adam
    I like that idea too - provided it's locked down to those who also authenticate against LDAP.

April 26, 2013, 01:53 edit mark as spam
    [​IMG]
    Michael Sotirake
    A better idea would be the system notifies the user if the address being "sent to" does not currently have a activated account on the system. This let the sender know that the recipient still needs to register or login.

September 20, 2013, 05:40 edit mark as spam
    [​IMG]
    Michael Sotirake
    Still hoping Johan implements this one.

February 3, 2016, 04:25 edit mark as spam
    [​IMG]
    Matias Poisson
    I would love to have this implemented too.

August 26, 2016, 00:50 edit mark as spam