Done Maintain a pool of permenant files to send to new recipients

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

We will be using the Filetransfer appliance to send patches and updates to our customers. Not all customers will need (or want) all the patches, so we send them out on a per-request basis (the same could apply for trainign material, marketing material etc). It would be handy to maintain a static pool of files on the server that could be sent without having to upload them first. This may seem trivial, but some of our patches are over 1.5Gb, so not having to copy them over the local network would be useful. It would also mean that our staff could send updates out when working remotely easily. Thanks

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Tim Potter
    A feature like this would be the most important missing feature within my company's use of this product!

I hope it gets implemented.

May 25, 2012, 03:33
    [​IMG]
    Thomas Greschitz
    The integration of this feature would really be appreciated, this is one thing I am really missing !!

Brgds Tom

June 5, 2012, 21:29
    [​IMG]
    Adam Fradley
    That's exactly the reason why I came to this forum - to register the same request!

One copy of our software product runs to 6Gb, so every time we need to distribute it, we have to upload the file which takes both time and disk space.

January 8, 2013, 21:49
    [​IMG]
    Weinstein, Alan
    This is a great feature as we have the same senario. Limits and purge criteria need to be included on these files as we all know how well users perform clean up task.

July 14, 2013, 02:49
    [​IMG]
    Kurt D
    This is the feature we were looking for. 90% of the time our users are sending the same files.

March 15, 2014, 05:55
    [​IMG]
    Weinstein, Alan
    Many of us agree have a repository of common transfers would be great. As a work-around I have a single user for sending customer updates then this user can select from previous transfers. It helps but doesn't resolve the primary issue.

March 15, 2014, 09:09
    [​IMG]
    Kurt D
    Nice to see this feature included in 2.5. I'm surprised that only sys admins can manage the pools. I'd like to let certain users or groups manage the pools. Also If a group has access to a pool, when they log in, I'd like them to have the ability to download what's in the pool instead of only the option to send the files.

September 12, 2014, 05:49
    [​IMG]
    Pierre Rifaux
    I agree with Kurt, I didn't fnd the way to allow some users to upload files in a specific Pool.

Only sysadmins can add files to pools.

is it possible to implement that ?

October 10, 2014, 00:11
    [​IMG]
    Kurt D
    I made three feature requests regarding pools. You may want to add your comments \ vote there too.

Allow other users or groups to manage Pools http://support.liquidfiles.net/entries/55488504-Allow-other-users-o...

Allow users to download files in a Pool http://support.liquidfiles.net/entries/55766740-Allow-users-to-down...

Give Outlook plugin the ability to send files from a pool http://support.liquidfiles.net/entries/56706454-Give-Outlook-plugin...

October 10, 2014, 00:25