Not Planned Outlook Plugin: Add attached file layout to body of email

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Right now when I upload a file using the outlook plugin it doesnt insert anything in the body of the message until after I hit send. It then places it below my signature in the email. It would be really nice if it were to put it at the top of the body before any other text and if it put it there on the fly so we could then type text above and/or below the displayed fille atteched to this message section.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard February 26, 2016 19:27
    The link is not actually being generated until you click send and we have the complete list of files you're sending, so it won't be possible to generate this on the fly before you hit send.

You can change in the setting in the Outlook plugin if you want the link to go at the top or the bottom.

[​IMG]
    Tim Steffens February 26, 2016 22:33
    Would it be possible to have a keyword that could be put in so that I could place the file block anywhere in my email. For instance in php programming we usually do a {{{file_block_code}}} and then we can do a replace in a template. This would then get replaced at send time with the HTML block from liquidfiles. Could you do this?

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard February 26, 2016 23:06
    If it becomes a popular request we can possibly look into this.