PREMIUM NICE TO HAVE - Language selection on main page & for mail templates

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 13, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

I have noticed that LF recognizes the language of the browser and uses its language on the main page.I would still also like to see an language selection button on the start site for those who are not recognized oder not supported or even if they from another country.

And - as an premium nice to have - it would be great if the sender could also chose the communication language for this message, so that the system mails are send in this language. Perhaps one could start with English as a second possible comm language for all us users from Old Europe?

Regards

Frank

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard March 10, 2014 19:29
    With the emails, please see: http://support.liquidfiles.net/entries/21972717-Custom-locale-for-emails

[​IMG]
    Runge, Frank March 11, 2014 09:31
    Hi Johan,

this is a misunderstanding, I think. I did not talk about "a message for two recipients" but for one. It would be helpful if I could chose between German (our common) and f.e. English as "mail language" (language of the system mails). We have recipients outside Germany and they do not understand the German System-Mails.

Regards

Frank

[​IMG]
    Johan Allard March 11, 2014 17:18
    Well, we have to assume that someone is going to type in two or more recipients on the To, Cc or Bcc field at some point. Or do you want the system to behave differently depending on the recipients? It would then have to be like: - if all recipients have listed German as their preferred language, use the German email template. - if not all recipients have listed German as their preferred language, or there's an unknown recipient, use the Default email template. So some times they would get a German email template and some time an English one (assuming you make the English default). Like what's described in the linked article, when we send an email we send the same email to everyone so that everyone can see who's CC'd on the email and so on.

[​IMG]
    Runge, Frank March 12, 2014 14:34
    Much more easy: Just a button for me, the sender, to chose the language for all recipients. (And sure: If I need different languages I have to send the same message different times.) The difficulty I see: The SENDING site needs to know that there are templates in different available - as I said, a premium nice to have ;-)

Jens Grundtvig November 17, 2014 10:32

We are an International Hospital with contacts all over the world. For us it is not very practical with multiple languages in the same mail, we would then at least need 5 languages in the same mail:

English, German, France, Russian and Spanish.

The solution from Frank would cover our problem, we normally only writes mails to one or more receivers in the same language.

Regards,

Jens