Redundancy?

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by Brian, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian New Member

I've only just learned about LiquidFiles and it looks really great so far. A few questions though:

Can I setup redundant servers so one can pick up if another fails? This would require having the database and storage separate from the server.
    Is there any recommendation against installing other software on the server? Monitoring software, etc?

I'm sure there are other enterprise users. Curious how others run this.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

This scenario having the database and storage separate from the server is not supported in LiquidFiles.
    But you can have a hot or cold standby of the LF server and replace say the A record in DNS from the 1st to the 2nd system when required but keeping the hostname the same. (You can install LiquidFiles using the same license as long as the hostname doesn't change.)
    For the moment you can use "ft backup" and "ft restore" procedure to have updated data on the 2nd server.

About installing other software. For experienced Linux admins its possible to log in as root in to the console and install packages as in any other Centos7 server. The root access can't be enabled with trial licenses.
    Here is an example how to install and configure a basic SNMP monitoring in LF appliance: https://forum.liquidfiles.com/threads/snmp-monitoring.377/#post-814