Done Resend from message logs

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

One thing I would like to see is the ability to resend files from the message log. When we get a file from a customer it needs to go upstream to a vendor. It would be nice to not need to download the file just to send it through the system again.

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Jonathan Krautter
    I would like to see this happen also but to add to it what about being able to add recipients without having to recreate the whole email?

September 23, 2011, 03:26
    [​IMG]
    Dominic Larocque
    Yes, I agree it would be a really nice feature to be able to transfer a message that has already been sent to someone else.

May 19, 2012, 03:55
    [​IMG]
    Tim Potter
    I'm also very interested in this feature, along with Jonathan's note about adding/editing recipients.

May 25, 2012, 03:30
    [​IMG]
    Jorge Ferreira
    It is related with the fact that, to send a file that we have already sent to a given address, we have to upload it again. That also increases disk usage unless the implementation, of which I am not aware, uses hashing to detect duplicates and reference counting to reduce disk usage.
    June 28, 2012, 09:51
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    Yes, this is the same problem. It doesn't matter where a message would be resent from. There's still a single owner relationship between a file and the message where a file can only belong to one message. This is likely going to change in future releases.

June 28, 2012, 15:22
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    This feature was added in version 2.1.

May 15, 2013, 07:25