Done Shared Filedrop

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by David, Oct 8, 2016.

1. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

I would like the possibily to have a Filedrop that notifies an Exchange distribution list and allows all members of that list to download the files? Regards Bob

2. David

David Administrator
    Staff Member

Comments
    [​IMG]
    Martin Mann
    I'd also like to see something along these lines, or alternatively, a dropbox that can have a number of recipients allocated to it within Filetransfer. Another feature within this, would be for the allocated recipients to be able to turn themselves on and off from this recipient list (Although the last user should never be able to remove themselves) - to allow for holiday cover / illness etc.

Thanks - Martin

October 31, 2011, 23:52
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    This will be added to the next major release. I.e. the ability to have multiple receipients to a dropbox. There's also a setting that enables all locally authenticated users to download files from a dropbox (or any other message) which will partyly take care of the distribution list problem. But we won't be able to detect members of a distribution list and only authorize them. There won't be a setting for self administration either. The administrator will have to enable/disable recipients for a dropbox.

November 1, 2011, 07:53
    [​IMG]
    Joseph Strauch
    Is there a way or is it being thought of for recipients to to retrieve the file make changes and then place the file back into the dropbox and have the origianl dropbox user get notified that it was uploaded? This would be huge in sharing files.

February 3, 2012, 05:58
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    The Filetransfer appliance really is a file transfer appliance. It's not a storage system so changes to a file doesn't really apply at least not with how the Filetransfer appliance is currently architected.

February 5, 2012, 18:53
    [​IMG]
    Brad Dupuis
    Hi Johan - Is there an estimate for when the dropboxes will be able to send to multiple users or an exchange distribution group? We've been waiting for this feature and it would be really helpful to solve a workflow issue.

February 8, 2012, 08:44
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    The problem with estimates is that people get disappointed if they are not being met.

February 8, 2012, 08:46
    [​IMG]
    Brad Dupuis
    I hear you. Just wondered if you had a release date scheduled for the next major release. We think your appliance works great and are looking forward to the new features.

February 8, 2012, 09:11
    [​IMG]
    Johan Allard
    LiquidFiles
    Thank you Brad, and no, for the same reason there's no release schedule - and we're working hard on it :)

#2 David, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016