v3.4 Access Pass Email

Discussion in 'LiquidFiles General' started by Mark Sanchez, Aug 12, 2020.

  1. Mark Sanchez

    Mark Sanchez New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2017
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    We would like the Access Pass email to be sent each time a secure (Authentication required) message is sent. Is there a way to configure this?
     
  2. David

    David Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2015
    Messages:
    703
    Likes Received:
    15
    This can't be set exactly for each message. It did not work like that also with the previous validation with tokens.
    But now you can set short enough the "Access Pass Resend After" period in "Admin > Configuration > Settings".
    By default the period is 12h after which the client will receive the access pass again automatically.
     
  3. Mark Sanchez

    Mark Sanchez New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2017
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    So will a value of "1" for this setting suffice to send the Access Pass email each time the recipient received a new message?

    We do not mind annoying our clients in this way. 95% only receive one message per day but for the other 5%, we'd rather send an extra email in case a few hours go by and they've already deleted the Access Pass.
     
  4. David

    David Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2015
    Messages:
    703
    Likes Received:
    15
    yes, when you set 1s, LF appliance will re-send access pass emails automatically each time when the client clicks on the url of the message and is authorized with his email address. This period will be applied for new access passes which will be generated after the "Access Pass Resend After" has been changed.
    Practically, I think would be better to set the period little bit longer, like 3600s so users are not spammed with their access pass emails always if they received and needed to open more messages during short time.
     

Share This Page